Thursday 21 May 2020

VR video outcome

Final video:
After the firdt try at making the video, I made the decision that a VR video would be much more effective. So I started creating the VR video, adjusting the structure but using the same content of the first video.

I started with the same animated textures as I think this is highly effective in VR, immersing the user into the sea life environment. I then animated each element to move one by one with an eye appearing at the back to communicate the fish being constantly watched by strangers and puts you in their position. I hen animated the bits of rubbish to fall down the environment as if landing in the water. The environmentt hen comes apart, revealing just the eye followed by the scans of the plastic fish being squashed, strecthed, etc. The animated sea textures then comes back in with audio of the sea, giving time for the user to look around and be immersed into the environment.

Screenshots:










Final VR version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciEC_mkmqko&t=20s
Due to render times, the final VR version is very low quality. If I had more time I would have rendered this out to a higher quality. However, it works well in immersing the viewer into the environment and communicates the issue well using the audio and visuals. Once livestreamed, the main aims of the project will have been met - a virtual version of an aquarium that communicates the issue and creates an event that people are interested in attending.

Screenshots:










No comments:

Post a Comment