Tuesday 10 March 2020

London

When visiting London I went to the Olafur Eliasson exhibition at the Tate Modern. I found this exhibition very influential on my practise, although not realising it at the time. When walking around the exhibition there was a buzz of excitement, amazement and conversation. There was so much going on throughout the exhibition that started conversations and immersed the audience. The work in the exhibition allowed the viewers to explore and be apart of it, which felt vital to the artist. Movement, texture, colour, light, structure and interaction were all explored in multiple ways, all connecting to each other with the overlying issue of climate change, which is then presented and almost 'revealed' with pintouts of all the information Olafur collated stuck up on a wall, which I and many other people found very moving due to the important information presented. There was something very organic and human about the exhibiton where nothing was too contrived and it felt so relaxed, and with the information at the end, it all felt very special and it really got to the heart. I think this is due to the way the artist lets you wonder around and intereact with the art, creating a connection to the issue and this is something I would want to bring to my own practise. 










No comments:

Post a Comment