Sunday 9 December 2018

Finnish Electronic gif

The materials I used for the collages for the gif include a variety of Finnish electronic albums covers, a Finnish painting and Finnish text/alphabet. I chose the word 'entropy', which means disorder. This word is the name of the electronic music event organisation, and also describing an aspect of the music of my chosen genre and its scene well.
To convey entropy in my gif I chose to focus on layering; creating a disordered collage of patterns. Layering also relates to the genre as layering is a key part of electronic music.

Images


Each image spells out the word and some use the hand from an album cover to represent the 'hands on' DIY approach Finland took when starting the electronic music scene.

GIF

Feedback from peers:
The textures are interesting. 
The tones are too similar.
Too many elements; doesn't make sense. However this relates to the word.

Ideas from this experiment:
From creating this collaged gif I would like to continue using layers to convey the genre. I could do this by cutting into the sleeve or attaching multiple layers to it.
Use colour (neon as this relates to rave scene and the Northern Lights Finland is known for) to improve tonal elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment