Monday 17 February 2020

Developing Migration brief

Developing the scarf:
Responding to the feedback from the crit, I developed the scarf Becky designed, adding colour. I also changed the circle she placed in the centre to the swirl, as suggested in the crit. 

For this design I tried adding arrows pointing outwards to fill the blank space. This relates well to the designs of the Instagram, however doesn't feel very scarf like as there are still lots of blank spaces.


To better fill the blank space and try creating more of a pattern I added lots of the circles creating a polka dot pattern. The dots that re filled and clustered together almost resemble land with the outlined dots resembling sea. They also represent populated areas and paths, linking well to the topic of migration. I think this is a good final design to be printed onto fabric.



No comments:

Post a Comment