Friday 8 March 2019

Graffiti idea

Inspired by the research on conversions of graffiti into readable type, I did my own version. I took the images of graffiti and typed out my own take on the tags, laying the type on the top. Instead of putting it in a readable typeface, I put it in Wingdings 3 which changes the letterforms into arrows. This reveals hidden directions in the graffiti. The colour of the background is taken from the material the tags are on, first being a white board, second being the stone of the building. At the bottom has the location which is a plus code, providing an accurate location that you can type into google maps and take you to the places the tags are at. You can then follow the directions from that location. This could work well as an instructive guide with a key for the arrows.



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment